Tuesday, November 2, 2010

It's a beautiful orange week

I confess I never cared for sports that much when I was growing up back in my home country, Peru. But in my defense I was a sick little boy (ok, maybe not so little) who couldn't run or do that much physical activity due to my frequent asthma attacks. But, since I got better many years ago and after moving to the San Francisco Bay Area, the orange and black colors took over my sporting soul. It might have been the colors, it might have been that most of my friends are fans, it might have been that I got a Giants t-shirt and a cap as a welcome present the first time I visited San Francisco in the late 90's, or it might as well has been just destiny.

Thanks to Joe for the nice Photoshop work :)

The thing is that after I became a Giants fan the real suffering began. I thought we were never going to be at the World Series again after Barry Bonds was gone, but then a light showed up at the end of the tunnel: new promising players and a new coach. Only a few years later (for me) - but 52 years for the San Francisco crowd - the Giants baseball team, finally, after a long torture, won the World Series. Sure, it is not a real world tournament like one of my soccer friends pointed out, but... Hey! San Francisco GIANTS are the 2010 World Series Champions, and nothing is more sweet than that, not today, not tomorrow, neither this whole freaking orange week.


The San Francisco Giants in the news, just a few of them:

'Rock my world' - The Press Democrat
SF Giants add 'champions' to storied legacy - SF Gate
Giants World Series Champions 2010 - The Huffington Post
Great Pitching Lifts Giants To World Series Win - NPR


Orangely.

No comments:

Post a Comment